Ministry of Housing – Lagos State Government
Ministry of Housing
The Ministry of Housing was created in 1999 at the inception of the Administration of His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos State. Prior to that period, Housing was part of the former Lands and Housing Department of the Governor’s office. This was in response to the need to tackle the housing problem in a more holistic manner.
VISION : Lagos mega city with adequate housing for its citizenry
MISSION : To ensure the provision of adequate and good quality housing in lagos mega city and facilitate easy access of its citizens to home ownership
- Formulation, review and implementation of Lagos State Housing Policies.
- Provision of Quality Housing for Lagos State Citizenry.
- Provision of Infrastructure in Government Housing Estates.
- Supervision of the Maintenance of Existing Housing Estates.
- Intervention in Real Estate Transaction Matters including Tenancy and Rent.
- Collaboration with the Private Sector in the Provision of Housing.
- Promotion of Artisanal Skills Development in Housing Production.
- Facilitation of Job Creation and Economic Empowerment through the Promotion of Employment of Local Artisans.
- Research into Use of Local Building Materials.
- Consultancy Services on Housing matters to other Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
- Co-ordination of Agencies involved in Housing matters.