Hon. (Mrs) Giwanson Mudirat Aramide is an ardent team player with a knack for organizational coordination and motivation, especially towards the advancement of the overall corporate goal. This explains her steady progression to the very pinnacle of the corporate ladder over a 30-year period culminating in her appointment, on October, 19th 2015 as Special Adviser to the Governor on Housing. Born on the 9th of December, 1965, her father hails from Itogbesa in the Ojo Local Government Area and her mother from Ajido in Badagry Local Government Area of Lagos State.
The young Aramide had her primary education at St. Micheal Anglican Primary School, Ojo Lagos, between 1972 and 1978. She gained admission into Government Teachers’ College, Ajara Badagry, Lagos State in 1979 where she obtained her Grade II Certificate in 1984. She later attended the Lagos State College of Education now known as Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education between 1991 and 1994, where she obtained her Nigeria Certificate in Education. In furtherance to her academic prowess she attended Lagos State University, Ojo Lagos State from 1999 to 2003, where she obtained Bachelor of Education in Guidance and Counselling.
Hon. (Mrs.) Giwanson .M. Aramide has served in different capacities among which are:
- Class Room Teacher- Local Authority Primary School,
- Keta West, Yovoyan Sea Beach, Badagry, Lagos 1985 – 1989
- Class Room Teacher- Subuola Primary School, Surulere, Lagos 1989 – 1991
- Class Room Teacher- Ansar-Ud-Deen Primary School, Badagry 1991 – 1996
- Pension Officer- Human Resource Management & Development Section, Local Government Education Authority, Badagry 1996 – 2006
- Counsellor- School Support Service Section,Local Government Education Authority, Badagry 2006 – 2015
- Ag. Head of Section – School Support Service Section,Local Government Education Authority, Badagry 25th May- 31st Aug. 2015
- Head of Section – School Support Service Section,Local Government Education Authority, Badagry 1st Sept. – 18th Oct, 2015
She was appointed The Special Adviser to the Governor on Housing on Monday 19th October, 2015 by His Excellency Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, the Executive Government of Lagos State. Her appointment came as a result of her doggedness, articulation and commitment to service, as a great Party loyalist of All Progressive Congress (APC)
She also notched various Awards and Recognitions for Excellence including Badagry Local Government Area Annual Merit Award as the Best Senior Officer (Female)-July 2002 and Best Well Dressed Officer-September 2013. A member of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON)
As a lovely mother she is a naturally gifted problem solver, with series of skills, which gives her a high level of advantage in negotiating solutions delivery.
She is married and blessed with two boys and two girls, a devout Muslim and a socialite.